We love Plainfield, and we are very excited to be a part of this community. Check out just a few of the reasons below!
1. Location. Plainfield is located 35 miles southwest of Chicago, near Aurora, Naperville, and Joliet. The village is close to the interstates and state highways, so it is convenient for commuting, with easy access to the surrounding area.
2. A beautiful downtown. The downtown area includes tons of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment and events. Newly enhanced streets and sidewalks offer the opportunity to take a stroll through town, eat al fresco, and enjoy the beautiful historic architecture. (Plainfield’s downtown is one of only 15 in the State of Illinois on the National Register of Historic Places.)
3. A great sense of community. Every year, downtown Plainfield hosts Plainfield Fest, classic car nights, movies, and concerts. You’ll love coming together with your neighbors for holiday events like SpringFest, Eggstraordinary Downtown Plainfield, Ghoul’s Night Out, and the Holiday Open House. And soon you’ll be able to enjoy the village’s Visionary Riverfront development project, which is currently underway.
4. A lot to do! You’ll never have a reason to be bored here. In addition to the downtown recreation mentioned above, enjoy outdoor and cultural experiences. Within Springbank, you’ll love the Aquatic Center, our 9 acre pool area with spray play, sand play, zero depth, lap pool, and watersides. The village of Plainfield offers a wonderful park and trail system. Enjoy the 20+ acre Settlers’ Park for a walk, to picnic, play, or exercise, and also to watch a summer concert series or movies in the park. The DuPage River offers water recreation. For a unique experience, visit Lake Renwick Heron Rookery, which offers the chance to view hundreds of nesting egrets and herons. Also, Plainfield Art League offers a gallery, classes and special events.
5. It’s a growing, happening town. In 1990 Plainfield had a population of 4,500. Today, over 39,500 people call Plainfield home. It’s great to live here during such exciting times of growth!
Make Plainfield your home. Make an appointment to visit Springbank today to find out more about building a home with us!